Friday, January 30, 2009

good things come to those who wait :]

So I haven't posted in a few days because in all honesty there's been no change in anything. I haven't gotten my call or anything but I'm posting this because I just want to update as often as I can.

I've been in a really good mood lately. I'm always on the lookout for new bands that I like because music is something that I believe should be an important part in everyone's lives. On myspace I have a reputation of being the girl to go to for music because when my friends get bored of  the music they listen to all the time I always find good bands that have a habit of making it big :]

So I guess I'm a pretty good contact for new bands to have because in the past few days I've gotten a bunch of friends requests and messages from these new bands and I am just really excited about it. Although I'll be going into the Army soon (God willing) I am still excited about the opportunities to help out these bands before I leave. Back in Tampa I was really into the local scene and I helped spread the word about really good bands and always had my ipod ready to share my latest find and I had put that part of my life aside for a while but I figure since I have spare time I might as well put it to good use.

The reason for my excitement this evening is the Van's Warped Tour.It's a 2 month long tour with tons of great bands and causes, to me it signifies summer and although I won't be finished with my training until the end of July I plan on spending the time I have on leave with my family and also going to at least three stops of the tour. I have friends who volunteer and subsequently get free tickets and vip passes and this year I plan on volunteering with Keep Abreast, which is a foundation that raises money and awareness for breast cancer. Although I don't have any close family members or friends who have been affected by breast cancer I still feel strongly about this cause and I am excited to have the opportunity to volunteer and share my time in order to help those who need help.

While I'm on the topic I want to share another organization with you that really speaks to me. To Write Love on Her Arms is a non-profit organization that was started in order to help people with suicidal thoughts and general depression. Every year they have one day where you write the word love on your wrist to symbolize the millions of people who have taken their lives for various reasons including not having anyone to talk to.
http://www.twloha.com/  that is the link and they emphasize hope and reaching out to those who need it. 

I guess this post isn't so much about the Army as it is about me and who I am deep down and what makes me tick :]

Song of the day is below... this band is upbeat and kinda new... well they're brand new to me... but its all happy go lucky which is my mood... i wont stress anymore... my new friend john told me he knew my interview would happen this week so i'll accept whatever happens :]


1 comment:

  1. catie...thank you for the link to 'To Write Love on Her Arms'. I would like to direct you to 'Out of the Darkness' which is an outstanding organization for suicide prevention as well. They host a yearly walk for suicide prevention.
    It sounds as though you are doing very well. you sound content. this is good! keep us posted!
    Stay Strong!
    Pray Hard!
    ~AM

    ReplyDelete