Wednesday, January 7, 2009

good day

I finally have good news! I just got off the phone with my recruiter and she said that the colonel is out of the office today but that he should get to me by the end of the week. I'm really excited. After this interview I will be okayed to go back to MEPS and I don't think I'll even have to worry about the ARMS test because I've lost weight and my body fat % right now is 32% so I only have to lose 2% before I'm good to go. 
Since starting this whole ordeal I've lost a total of 25 pounds and 7 inches in my waist.. I was pretty impressed with myself. 
I also talked to my recruiter about being able to leave for basic from my second trip to MEPS she said normally it took a couple of days until you could ship out but that if things got too bad at home that I could call her and she would figure out some way to help me. I swear that my recruiter is the answer to all of my prayers about the military. She has done so much for me that I've never heard of any other recruiter doing. She trusts me and knows that things have been rough in my past and that all I need is a second chance.
My mom and I have been getting along pretty well lately. Today we cleaned the house together and took down all the Christmas decorations and the tree. She's in a good mood but I know it's only so long before I do something without thinking and upset her. I'm just going to be as good as I can for this last little stretch because I know that my mom will think much higher of me when I come back from basic. 
I don't mean for this to sound like I'm some little girl from the streets who's been reformed. I've never wanted for anything, my parents kept me in expensive clothes and I got good grades but my mother and I just clashed a lot and continue to because I was never really honest with her when I lived with her.  She doesn't trust me that much but I think that this change will bring us closer and I really don't want to have any strife with us before I go.
So today has been a good news day! I'm crazy excited and I'm really happy. I'm gonna go on a long run tonight :]
The weather out today is amazing too. Sunny and at least in the low 70's so its nice outside... even though there are pretty intense wind gusts. Oh well nothing can blow away this amazing mood. 
The song for today is called Bruises and it's by Chairlift... happy fun music that makes me smile real wide and think that nothing can go wrong... eventually i'll show the range of music i like but this one is perfect for me mood :


2 comments:

  1. Woo-Hoo!!!!!!!!!!
    This great news! I am absolutely thrilled for you!
    I'll keep you and your mom in my prayers. I'm the mom of four; two daughters and two sons. My oldest daughter and I have certainly seen days we would rather forget...but today we are good! She is the mom of my two grandgirls and our relationship is a blessing to both of our lives! I wish this for you and your mom!
    Another great choice in song!
    I am truly enjoying your blog!
    Pray Hard!!!!!

    ~AirmanMom returning to her blog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats before you know it you will be at Basic Training. Good things come to those who wait.

    ReplyDelete