Saturday, January 17, 2009

in the daylight everywhere feels like home

So I haven't really posted in a few days. Not because I've left and been to MEPS and am super duper happy... no. It's more like "the colonel is just too busy to do your interview." I understand it but it's just getting a bit old... especially after almost 5 months of trying to get into the service. But this is something that I really want and I'm not the type to give up easily. No, I think of this more as a way to get myself into that much better shape before I leave. I think I could defnitely be in much better shape but it's happening again... the dreaded loss of motivation.
I think I should be fine if I keep listening to my recruiter. She has given me a 2 week window of me leaving for basic. Like actually leaving. Not just going back to enlist. My mom and I have been doing surprisingly well. I think it's because my younger sister is utterly disrespectful and I know I actually show respect and gratitude. I mean I'm not perfect but I don't yell at her to shut up or merely "put up" with her. I love my mom and I'm happy that we've been able to get along. I think with the whole 2 week think it may be finally setting in that we don't have much time left. I mean I think it will set in even more when I finish my interview and then again when I get back from MEPS. *she's said that I could come home for a couple of days as long as I have a departure date on a piece of paper haha*
I've been doing toning exercises for my mid section lately to help with the body fat % and honestly I think that's working a lot. That mixed with running and whatnot have really helped me get to where I need to be because for some reason I can't lose actual numbers. I just seem to stay at one point. I know I'll lose weight at basic because when I'm stressed I have a hard time eating and I have a hard time thinking that there is any point when I wont be stressed at basic. That coupled with extreme physical training just sounds good to me. I have years of pent up anger that I need to get out so I can move on.
I'm just listening to music from the punk phase of my life... let's hope it was a phase at least haha
I just love the music and the feeling you get from going to a jam packed basement *we don't have basements in Florida so maybe a living room* and you hear music so happy and genuine...
The song of the day is Daylight by Matt and KIm
I love this song because it just makes me happy and puts me in a good mood no matter what... The video is cute and the two people are just so happy anytime they play together :] I hope everyone has a wonderful day!



1 comment:

  1. catie...this is such good news about you and your mom! Everything is coming together in your life, as it should. It sounds as though you are using these couple of weeks wisely. This waiting is good practice for when you actually are enlisted...it is all a head game. Practice now and you will be good when the time comes when you truly need it!
    As for your anger, good for you trying to discover ways to release it. Anger is negative, fill your thoughts and actions with positive and the anger/negative will no longer have a place to live in your head/body.
    You are such an amazing young woman! We are a fortunate country to have our military filled with people such as yourself!!!

    ~AirmanMom returning to her blog...

    ReplyDelete