Sunday, January 25, 2009

dont be so hard on yourself :]

So my blog yesterday wasn't the happiest one I've had. I think I just got bogged down in my negativity and I have regrouped my thoughts and I think I can move back into the excitement of joining the Army. I was really relieved when I got the call from my recruiter and I'm really excited that I will be able to go in as an E-3 instead of an E-1 and I think that means that things are going exceptionally well.

I really do hate that things keep getting pushed back but I do know that it will all happen in the time it's supposed to. I pray every night to be sent to basic when I'm ready so I suppose it's just not time yet. My best friend takes it as it's not meant to be but this really is the path I need to be on.

A lot of things have been going on in the nation recently and the major event that has everyone talking was the inauguration of Obama. I am a Republican through and through but I can appreciate the hope that one man instills in the nation albeit an irrational hope. I think that placing the responsibility of fixing so many things that are mixed up in our nation on one man's shoulder is too much for him to handle. However, Obama seems to be making these promises and going one better. I think that the Guantanamo Bay closing will be amazing for his record if he can do it in the time he promised. I think that setting such short timelines for major events is a result of thinking a bit too much of one's abilities. Yes, he has all the support one would ned to accomplish the tasks he's set ahead for himself, but I think if he had given himself a bit of leeway that he would have less of a chance of turning the American people against him. If he does not accomplish what he's promised then he will have to face letting down millions of people.

I usually reserve my political rants and raves for special occasions but I felt that I should share the very few of the issues I have with our new president right now. I posted a blog on my myspace with slightly more depth as to how I feel and what I feel can and cannot be reasonably accomplish in the time Obama has allotted. I know that my opinions definitely don't match up with many of my friends but I got a discussion started and honestly that's all I could ever ask for.

I've been listening to bands that I've seen live before lately because I think that live music is one of the most amazing experiences you can have. I have performed in innumerable concerts in my life and I've always been an advocate for the arts but the bands I've been listening to are bands that are pop/punk in nature and I've found that one of the best exercises you can do is dance. Now, I'm the first one to admit that when I dance it looks like I'm in need of medical attention but I think it doesn't matter what you look like as long as you have fun. 

I've started talking to some old friends from high school again. I realize time and time again how much I have changed. It's astounding. I was so self involved yet meek when it came to speaking my mind. My selfishness drove away plenty of old friends and even my family at times but I think I've matured enough to lose some of my selfishness. When it comes to speaking my mind I've discovered that I shouldn't be scared anymore. I have always been a very opinionated girl and if I can change a few minds or open up some trains of thought that's all I want.

So this has turned into a rant. Heh. I'm good at that. I'm much happier today and I think I can pick a good song for it.

This band is called The Audition and the song is called Don't Be So Hard.
This band is AMAZING!!!! like I met their lead singer and guitarist because they did an acoustic set at warped tour n St. Pete Florida which is the one I went to. They sound just as good live as recorded and I've included two videos... obviously in the live one though they are crazy into it :]]
I love the Warped Tour and I plan on going to it no matter where I have to travel next summer :]










RECORDED


1 comment:

  1. hey buddy, a short thing about me I am an A1C in the US Airforce and i had some issues when I enlisted also. my mother is airmanmom and if you need to talk to anyone my email is afjoker89@yahoo.com and I am here for you to talk to and I can see if I can help you out.

    ReplyDelete