Thursday, January 8, 2009

i'm here with you

Today has gone pretty well. I woke up and decided that today was going to be a good day and so far so good. I woke up, scrambled two egg whites and went for a run. I ran 2 miles in 20 minutes which means my second mile is getting faster... and later I want to run a mile at full speed to see how I'm doing. I ate a lean cuisine meal for lunch and it's having a hard time staying down... I didn't really enjoy it at all so that's no surprise.. I decided to start doing two work outs a day so I can go into basic with some semblance of physical fitness. 
Today I was stretching and I looked at my legs and I realized that just a few months ago they were flabby and gross and now I can see my muscles *and thanks to Anatomy I can name them too :]* In about an hour I'm going to lift some weights and do lunges, push ups, and sit ups. I'm insanely excited about working out and knowing that I only have to lose an inch in my hips before I make body fat%. I mean I would love to see the number on the scale even lower but I know that will happen at basic. I couldn't possible work myself harder than ever before for 2 months straight and not lose at least a few pounds :]
The Army wants me to be 145 pounds which means that I need to lose 20 by the end of the year and I know that won't be a problem and hopefully once I'm in Army standards I won't be the same girl I am now... promising to lose 5 pounds to be happy with myself.
I have a friend who I went to high school with and I've been giving him advice and answering all kinds of questions for him about the Army because he wants to join and that gives me a really good feeling in myself so I think that I will definitely be doing the home town recruiting thing.. basically what it is is you go to your recruiters office after you're done with BCT and AIT and you work with them for 2 weeks and that doesn't count for your leave but you get  to stay with your family and have weekends off which is amazing for me because I'll spend the nights with my family and I definitely want to go to Disney World with them. 
I have also realized that I have a lot of debt. Mainly accrued from bad decisions that I've made but from what I understand the Army has debt counseling and can consolidate the debt and help you manage it. I think that will really help me out because I want to start fresh and learn how to be an adult instead of a kid playing house at college. Hopefully I'll be debt free by the time I start med school in 2025 ish... man that seems far away haha. 
The song for today is Dark Blue- Jack's Mannequin
It makes me happy and toady is another happy day
 

1 comment:

  1. catie...I feel as though I am watching you grow up before my eyes! You are driven in a positive and realistic manner. My prayer is that you remain on this path! It is your future, make it matter!
    I'm rooting for you!

    ~AirmanMom returning to her blog...

    ReplyDelete