Wednesday, January 28, 2009

another day, another blog

So I just realized that I never really explained what the interview I'm waiting for is all about. I've hinted but I guess I never came right out and said it. Everyone has things in their past that they regret, for me it was involvement with the police. I mean I'm not a felon or anything and the incident was when I was 16 so it's expunged (there's no open records for it) which has made it very hard to track down. I knew that I had this in my past but I also knew it was expunged which means you can't just go up to the courthouse and say, "hey, I need my record please" (I tried haha) So that's the interview I'm waiting for... well half of it. The other half is because my college records proved difficult to provide. I think it was the fact that most of the over 20 credits I have are from high school Advanced Placement classes and it's hard to get USF to send a transcript with my AP credits on there. The transcript I had just listed that I had 16 credits from high school and then showed the classes I took my freshman year of college. So yeah, all of that's been sorted out for a while. According to my recruiter the Colonel has been involved in battalion inspections for the past week and a half and today should be the last day but she didn't seem too hopeful that I'd get my interview done by the end of the week but I'm not going to stress about it. I'm just going to take it as it is and keep working on my 2 mile run time :]

That's my military update. Now a great big welcome to all of you who have been directed here by AirmanMom :] I'm glad that so many people out there are interested in the lives of military (and future) military members :] It means a lot to me and I know whoever else you support through the blog world feels the same amount of gratitude. To answer Michelle's question; I'm going to be a  68W *combat medic* I want to be a doctor eventually so this is the trial run I guess. 

Today just started so I don't have much to say. I'm going to go on a run and work out heavily today. My stomach has been killing me the past few days, it's been killing my appetite etc. so last night I woke up randomly and I realized it's all the work I've been doing to my abs. I always do a whole bunch of crunches and sit ups and whatnot and let me tell you, I feel the burn for real! 

Okay well that's all. If I hear anything of course I'll run to the computer and blog it out but I doubt it will happen today. 

Today's song will be a bit of a change I guess it was a one hit wonder a while back *in the 60's I think* but it makes me happy. It's called Where do you go to my lovely by Peter Starstedt 


2 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work on working out. I know it is hard but it is even harder when your 43. I think you got a great attitude and a good attitude will take you places. Good Luck on the interview.

    ReplyDelete
  2. catie... I've said it before and I will keep saying it...things happen as they are meant to be. Your interview will happen in its time and your departure will happen only when it is the right time for you. Keep working out, hold on to your positive attitude and everything will fall into place!
    Stay Strong!
    Pray Hard!

    ~AM

    ReplyDelete