Saturday, January 3, 2009

nobody ever had a dream round here but i dont really mind that it's starting to get to me

It's not often that I get to talk about personal triumphs on here but I finally went out and did something about the feelings I have for the guy I mentioned in my last post. I told him how I felt*Thanks for giving me that final push mudpuppy!* and he said that he had felt the same way for a while and although we aren't going to do anything about our feelings it's good to just know that I have someone who I'm crazy about and the feeling is mutual. He's going to write me while I'm away of course and when I get home from everything then we'll see how things go. I didn't want any titles with this guy. I mean I'm going to need to be focused on my training and I really can't be distracted by boys anymore. I've given up a ton of opportunities because of guys in the past and I would prefer not to worry about what he's doing at school and clearly he won't have to stress out about me being with any guys since from what I hear that is definitely not allowed at basic. 
So I'm really excited about that and I think I may have my 2 miles under the final AFPT time and I mean if I'm at that now I can only go down in time. I've found that running isn't really a tool of torture but it's a way for me to release my stress and doubts and really clear my mind. I guess it's a runner's high and I never thought that I would be someone to experience it. I  talked to my friend Nick about it because he's going to be  doing a triathlon this spring/summer and he's running a lot too; his first love is his bike but it's the same idea. I can also do a bunch more pushups than the zero when I started :] sit ups I'm not really worried about I can do 35 in a minute easily and I hate them so I prefer to not worry about them until I get to basic. 
I'm really excited about losing all the weight I put on during my first year of college. They say it's supposed to be the freshmen 15 but I like to do things big so I put on 30 pounds... It's terrible and I've lost 20 of those pounds already.. I really can't believe I've done that in the past couple of months but it's the truth. So basically I know that I'll be under my graduating weight when I get out of training which will be nice. I'll be better on the inside and out and I'll have a new family to boot. You really can't beat that.
Monday is when my recruiter promised to call me so I could do my interview... I'm going to try to ship out when I go back to MEPS because honestly I've been working so hard at everything and I really just don't want to stop working or get downtrodden anymore. Then when I go to basic there will definitely be a lull in this blog for a couple of months but I plan on keeping a journal and not editing anything so when I get use of a computer again I'll share my ups and downs with you the reader.
I plan a lot ahead of time and I end up jinxing myself a lot so I'll stop while I'm ahead here.

My title is the beginning of a song called Sam's Town by The Killers..I want to share my likes and dislikes of music and books with you so here...

This is that song :]


No comments:

Post a Comment