Monday, January 19, 2009

work it out!

So today has been one of the most physically intense days of my life....  I have been working out for the past 4 hours and I wanted to push to muscle failure to see what "smoking" would be like... needless to say it's not gonna be a fun first week at basic ha... because today is a holiday in Army world I really have nothing to do..which is fine because I've occupied myself pretty well. I mean I've worked out, showered, done a TON of laundry... the usual :]
I also did something unusual today... I practiced my clarinet... back in the day I was an amazing musician that anyone could picture joining a major orchestra after college but I really had to put that aside because although music will always be my drug I am extremely analytical and my calculus teacher said it would be a shame to waste all of that talent and use only one talent of mine. I have been extremely blessed when it comes to intellect and music and I always thought I'd find a way to use them both but I couldn't me a music therapist and the thought of being an orthopedic surgeon is something I can close my ideas and picture and it just feels right. Anyway I practiced and it turns out I still have that natural talent and I love it! It was relaxing to get up and play for a while...
The only thing I was mildly upset about today was the fact that I do a lot around the house... like I mean a TON. I have cleaned my younger sister's room countless times and I organized her closet and dresser and I put away her clothes and clean the bathroom everyday and clean up after everyone but I just don't feel like it makes a difference. I wonder a lot what my mom's going to do without me here because like I moved out and we got along better then I moved back and we fought so then I moved away except this time I didn't talk to her and I went through a long long period of not talking to her... over a month. I only talked to my dad who I'm sure relayed to my mom how I was doing. But after that when things at the place I was living at started going south I started talking to my mom and all she would talk about was the fact that my sisters were driving her crazy and I know that when I got here the bathroom was worse than a truck stop bathroom and my sister's room was disgusting and I don't want the place to go bad again.
My younger sister is going to be joining the Army after she graduates and I sometimes wonder how she's going to be able to handle people screaming at her to do things and having to deal with being perfectly clean and orderly. I mean I have OCD like crazy when it comes to organizing and cleaning so I know that if they say I have to do something a certain way that I will do it that way or it will bug me. ::Sigh:: oh well it's no use worrying about things I won't have any control over. The way things are looking I'll probably be in the middle east before she even starts basic so it won't even matter.
So basically today has been good. I've been talking to my best friend a whole lot and she's excited for me to leave so I can come back and we can finally visit because I haven't seen her since we snuck her into Busch Gardens haha... that's a story for another time completely though. 
Today instead of a song I'll leave you with a video of me at my last job... I worked on Rhino Rally at Busch Gardens... it's long and the jokes are corny but it was all kinds of fun :]

ps. AirmanMom, I didn't get the message :[ I don't know what happened but I checked my email and it wasn't there..

1 comment:

  1. catie... I just resent the e-mail to your myspace account. Let me know, if you don't get it this time :)

    ReplyDelete