Monday, January 12, 2009

these days aren't getting any less than amazing!

So today I learned that I can still be girly. I haven't tried to look cute in a while because I've been so focused on my goal of getting into the Army but for some reason tonight I wanted to be pretty. I wasn't doing anything special, I just had this need. I went to my sister's soccer game and when I got home I took pictures using photobooth on the macbook and I was pleased with the results. I mean I've always known I was a pretty girl. I'm not being conceited I just knew that no matter how bad I felt about how I looked or how much I wished I looked like someone else that people find me pretty.

Tonight was the first time I've felt that in a long time. The best part is I realized it without a guy telling me. I feel like the process of joining the Army has taught me so much about myself and I have a hard time believing that I'll learn even more about myself when I actually go to Basic.

I am just in a state of complete happiness and I'm at a nice place in my life and I'm ready to go in the Army. Tomorrow is my interview with the Colonel and I pray everything goes well.

I talked to my best friend today and she said that she just wants me to go so I can come back. She also gave me a list of "gangster" music to listen to. We used to go places and listen to rap really loud and laugh so hard at the looks people gave us because we're two of the whitest, affluent girls you could imagine and well... people were confused...

That's about all today...
I'll leave you with two things...

This is my favorite picture I took tonight :
Photobucket

and this is the song today:
It's called At the Bottom of Everything by Bright Eyes... I love this band so much just the folky feeling and the fact that none of the guys I've ever dated introduced me to this band so it's my own little piece of me not to mention the words are amazing!


2 comments:

  1. catie... as I always told my own daughters...a pretty face is a good thing...but always make certain that if that pretty face is taken from you in a car wreck or fire..that your true beauty exists under your skin. good people, people who are not shallow will always appreciate your inner beauty, your inner 'uumph'.
    I see your beauty in your eyes. Remember the eyes are the window to your soul!

    ~AirmanMom returing to her blog....

    ReplyDelete
  2. :] thank you so much for your comment... i get too wrapped up in images sometimes but i know that i should work hard on being a good person first and foremost :]]

    ReplyDelete