Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sunday's are slow around here

This morning I woke up with my ankles in a lot of pain. I know I have to able to run more than 2 miles when I go to basic but the two miles yesterday were brutal. I have really high arches so I'm hoping it's just a lack of support issue which will be fixed when I get my new shoes since I know wear pumas which have very little support. So I'll just ice them so I can run again tomorrow. Today is my push up and sit up day.

So I think I should mention now that M*A*S*H is one of my favorite shows. I watch it everyday when it comes on from 5-7 or 1700-1900 * I think I should get used to military time ahead of time. But I honestly love the show. I started watching it when I first went and talked to my Army recruiter and I think if I had tried to watch it any other time in my life it would not have had the same appeal to me. 

I stayed up pretty late last night. I was just talking to a friend and I lost track of time. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. He means a lot to me and he always makes me feel better bout life. It's hard to find people like that yet I find myself blessed to have many people like that in my life. I have all of their addresses and they've all promised to write me while I'm away. These friends coupled with my family are the people who I want to make proud while I'm away. 

Today my mom is making a ham dinner. It's been my favorite meal ever since I can remember. I don't know if she's trying to get all the meals I like in or if she just felt in the mood for ham but either way I'm excited. I still haven't received the call from the colonel for my interview and I know it's the weekend so I can only hope that tomorrow my recruiter will call saying everything is ready to go. The whole issue there stems from a traffic ticket that I never took care of so we're waiting for the receipt to come back from Hillsborough County where I used to live.

I've been so used to things being pushed back by now that I can only hope that things will work out nicely for once in my life. I've minded my p's and q's, I've made mistakes but the Army is giving me a second chance so I should bide my time productively.


No comments:

Post a Comment