Friday, December 19, 2008

not the best of days

So today has been pretty hard...I still haven't gotten the call to do the interview and with Christmas next week it looks like I wont be able to go to MEPS until after Christmas. I kinda wanted to rub it in my older sisters face that while she's getting herself into a ton of debt with law school that I am an enlisted member of the Army.. oh well. I'll have plenty of time to prove myself coming up.
I put on 2 pounds somehow this week. I don't like how much I weigh because I'm over the Army's limit and although I have my waiver already for being "overweight", I just thought it would be nice to be able to go into basic without having to worry about my weight. As of now it looks like I'll end up at the fat camp with a diet tray. Not that I'm opposed to the opportunity to get in better shape before I go to basic but I really want to get started on earning my rank.
So today I feel fat and like I've motivated myself for nothing. It's just a hard day. Everyone has them. I don't want to do this blog and pretend like my life is better than it actually is because I want to live the Army Core Values one of which is honesty.Although in bearing my soul I really hope that no one takes anything I say personally.
Today I watched a documentary called Iraq for sale. It's about the privatization of the work done in Iraq and how private contract companies are exploiting the American people. Although something like this would have caused me to be extremely offended a couple of years ago now I think that people should just accept the fact that things need to be done over in the Middle East. The troops over there can't be expected to carry out their missions *and* build their homes and bases even though they have done that and continue to do that.
I've started reading military blogs by people over in the MIddle East to get an unbiased view of what's going on over there. It's extremely interesting and if any of you are curious the site is www.milblogging.com.
I talked to my grandma today. It was nice. They're getting a lot of snow up in the Northeast and she doesn't have to work today which is good for her.
Okay that's all I have to say.. hopefully I'll have a better attitude tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your decision to join the U.S. Army. It is a life choice that is complicated with current political & economic issues.

    You seem to be one of the few who sees the whole picture, not just a signing bonus and free schooling. There are trade-offs. I hope, where ever the military sends you, you find your way safely home.

    Keep your head up, shoulders back and eyes on your six!

    http://factsaccordingtome.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete